Learn to Program in Pascal is specially-designed for first-time programmers. It was written specifically for ORCA/Pascal running on an Apple IIGS. It doesn’t assume you know anything at all about programming. In fact, it is based on the APS computer science curriculum, a guideline developed by universities for introductory programming courses!
In our course, you’ll learn the Pascal programming language. It’s a well designed language that will save you from a lot of mistakes, yet so powerful that many of the most sophisticated programs ever written for the Apple IIGS are written in Pascal.
But you won’t just learn the Pascal programming language. You’ll also learn the fundamentals of computer science – the basics you’ll use in any program you write.
Some books say they will teach you to program, then give you the paper equivalent of a lecture hall. Our course is different. It’s like a lab course. From the very first chapter, you’re writing your own programs! Each chapter has working programs you can type in and run, as well as problems you solve by writing your own programs. And if you get stuck, you’ll find a solution on the disk that comes with the course.
Thousands of people have learned to program or learned a new language with our programming courses. This is the perfect first course for you to join their ranks!
Table of Contents
- Lesson One: Getting Started
- Lesson Two: Variables and Loops
- Lesson Three: Input, Loops and Conditions
- Lesson Four: Subroutines
- Lesson Five: Arrays and Strings
- Lesson Six: Types and More About Arrays
- Lesson Seven: Types
- Lesson Eight: Pointers and Lists
- Lesson Nine: Files
- Lesson Ten: Miscellaneous Useful Stuff
- Lesson Eleven: Stand-Alone Programs
- Lesson Twelve: A Project: Developing a Break-Out Game
- Lesson Thirteen: Scanning Text
- Lesson Fourteen: Recursion
- Lesson Fifteen: Sorts
- Lesson Sixteen: Searches and Trees
346 page wire-bound manual with index and table of contents
One 800K 3.5″ disk
1.75 MB of memory
3.5″ floppy drive (hard drive strongly recommended)